ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi puts 12th Gen Intel® Core™ processors at center stage, with beefed-up power delivery, cooling, cutting-edge connectivity options, and a range of accoutrements that effortlessly propel builds to maximum performance. This series flagship is your ticket to next-level gaming.
ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi is armed with all the essentials you need to create a gaming PC with top-tier performance. Heavy-duty power delivery and optimized cooling provide the weapons you need to push any gaming build to its limits. Intelligent controls enable easy management of overclocking, cooling and networking settings. And Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation helps ensure crystal-clear in-game communication.
Digital power control and an array of power stages provide the muscle needed to control the latest Intel CPUs.
18+1 power stages combine high-side and low-side MOSFETS and drivers into a single package, delivering power and efficiency that the latest Intel processors can take full advantage of.
Alloy Chokes and Durable Capacitors
High-end chokes and durable capacitors are engineered to resist extreme temperatures, enabling performance that exceeds industry standards.
8+8 Pin ProCool II Power Connector
ASUS ProCool II connectors are built to tight specifications to ensure full contact with power supply cable wiring. A metal sheath improves heat dissipation, and low electrical impedance helps prevent hotspots and bolsters reliability.
Digi+ Power Control
The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) is one of the finest in the industry, ensuring ultrasmooth and clean power delivery to the CPU.
Multi-layered printed circuit board design quickly dissipates heat around the voltage regulators to improve overall system stability and provide the CPU with more overclocking headroom.
Integrated I/O Cover & VRM Heatsinks
Two thick VRM heatsinks connected by a heat pipe and bonded to a pre-mounted metal I/O shield provide ample surface area and mass to handle the power needs of high-performance 12th Gen Intel processors.
High-grade thermal pads efficiently transfer heat from the inductor and phase array to the heatsink.
An M.2 heatsink with a direct-contact heat pipe delivers ample surface area, enabling optimal running temperatures for PCIe 5.0 M.2 NVMe drives, even when airflow is restricted.
Three M.2 Heatsinks
The M.2 heatsinks keep the M.2 SSD at optimum operating temperature for consistent performance and reliability.
An integrated M.2 backplate helps ensure that high-performance drives deliver peak performance, even when airflow is restricted.
Cooler By Design
ROG Strix Z690 motherboards feature comprehensive cooling options that are configurable via the Fan Xpert 4 tool in Armoury Crate or within the UEFI BIOS.
- CPU fan headers - A dedicated pair of PWM/DC fan headers for CPU coolers
- AIO pump fan header - A dedicated PWM/DC header for self-contained water-cooling setups
- M.2 heatsink - Keeps a mounted M.2 SSD at the optimum operating temperature for consistent performance and reliability.
- M.2 backplate - Provides additional heat dissipation to deal with the thermal load of high-performance M.2 NVME SSDs
- 4-pin PWM/DC fan headers - Headers that supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans
* Supports ASUS HYDRANODE.
Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation
This powerful ASUS-exclusive utility leverages a massive deep-learning database to reduce background noise from the microphone* and incoming audio while preserving voices. Distracting keyboard clatter, mouse clicks and other ambient noises are removed so you can hear and be heard with perfect clarity while gaming or during calls.
*A splitter cable is necessary when using a 3.5 mm headset.
ROG AI Overclocking
ROG AI Overclocking is an intelligent utility that helps you get the most out of your build by automatically profiling your CPU and cooling system to predict optimal voltage and frequency settings.
Accessible via the AI Suite software in Windows or directly through the UEFI, the intuitive AI Overclocking user interface enables users of all levels. A range of customizable settings are available for seasoned overclockers, and an auto-tuning option is available for beginners.
AI Overclocking at a Glance
- Designed by experts - At the heart of AI Overclocking is a proprietary algorithm developed by ROG R&D engineers who worked with world-renowned overclockers to create a tool for users of all levels.
- Predictive edge - An algorithm analyzes your CPU and cooling system, then it leverages that data to intelligently predict optimal settings. Custom-tailored frequencies and voltages are automatically applied to perfect the clock-speed optimization process.
- Real-time adjustments - Workload, system temperature, fan speed and power draw are automatically monitored by the software, and the information is used to make real-time adjustments to ensure ongoing optimal performance.
- AI overclocking in AI Suite - Onboard intelligence lets you automate overclocking with full, flexible control via 5-Way Optimization within AI Suite (in Windows).
- AI Overclocking Guide - The AI Overclocking Guide provides detailed information and instructions about how to tune your system manually. It can be accessed by hitting the F11 hotkey.
- Core group loading - For the high-core-count processors in the Z690 series, AI Overclocking software lists data according to core group. This gives you adaptive control based on the status of core groups, and it provides target frequencies and voltages needed for manual tuning.
ASUS AI Cooling technology automatically manages and controls motherboard-connected fans to ensure optimal settings based on current system load and temperature.
Self-Adaptive Fan Tuning
- CPU temperature detection - AI Cooling detects CPU temperatures and uses a proprietary algorithm to calculate the lowest fan speed required to effectively cool the system and keep fan noise down.
- Automated optimization - Under stable system loads, the software then automatically lowers fan* speed to the optimal setting, decreasing fan noise without compromising performance.
*Fans need to be connected to the following headers for AI Cooling control: CPU_FAN / CPU_OPT / CHA_FAN / M.2_FAN / H_AMP / RAD_FAN
- Ongoing monitoring - AI Cooling continues to monitor the system and adjust fan speed based on current load.
- One-Click Activation - AI Cooling can easily be activated via the Fan Xpert 4 dashboard in ASUS AI Suite 3. Once activated, it will override all manual controls.
- Fan Speed References - For those who prefer manual control, AI Cooling provides reference points on a graph that details fan speed in relation to temperature, providing a guide for fan settings.
The proprietary ROG GameFirst VI utility is designed to help all users — beginners, experts, and everyone in between — optimize network settings to ensure smooth online gameplay. New to this generation, GameFirst VI features AI-enhanced identification and boost technologies to ensure faster and smarter network optimization.
How it Works
- Identification - GameFirst VI analyzes usage patterns and the digital signatures of your applications and compares them to a database of over 200,000 apps.
- Boost - GameFirst VI intelligently switches application priority and adjusts bandwidth, depending on the situation. When gaming, it accelerates and prioritizes game packets to give you supersmooth online gameplay ? even when you're streaming high-quality video or transferring large files.
- Visualization - An intuitive graph provides an overview of real-time network status. Simply click on the tab to view the current bandwidth usage of each application, geolocation status of each network connection, or an analysis of the WiFi channels.
What it Does
- Network Insight - WiFi Quick Assist analyzes network information and generates a graph to give you a clear picture of current network status. In addition, when paired with an ROG router, you can scan your WiFi network to find the best channel and use Game Boost to prioritize gaming devices and packets.
- Gaming First Mode - Gaming First mode leverages a massive application database and an analysis of your frequently used apps to prioritize gaming network traffic. This reduces jitter and decreases ping to give you lag-free online gaming.
- Adaptive Intelligence - GameFirst VI notes what you're currently doing and adjusts bandwidth accordingly to ensure smooth online experiences, even when multitasking.
ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi delivers wickedly fast connectivity, supersmooth online experiences and ultrafast data transfers, including onboard PCIe 5.0 M.2 support and a ROG Hyper M.2 Card for potentially huge storage capacity. Add alongside those perks, we’ve managed to cram in an advanced audio solution that allows you to pick out the smallest cues and home in on your opponents.
Storage & Memory
With one PCIe 5.0 M.2 slot delivering twice the speed of PCIe 4.0, two additional slots with PCIe 4.0, and two more 4.0 slots available on the bundled ROG Hyper M.2 Card, ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi leverages mighty CPU and chipset bandwidth to deliver the latest data transfers, Intel NVM Express® RAID, and high-capacity drive options that blaze past traditional SATA-based SSDs.
ROG Hyper M.2 Card
The ROG Hyper M.2 Card provides two additional PCIe 4.0 M.2 slots for storage-hungry users, and its huge aluminum heatsink and backplate provide excellent cooling to optimize M.2 drive performance.
DDR5 Overclocking Strength
Comprehensive memory tuning options are the cornerstone of ROG motherboards. For DDR5, the ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi breaks performance limits with a stacked suite of overclocking parameters for both high-speed kits and entry-level memory modules that have a locked power management integrated circuit (PMIC):
- A dedicated circuit on the motherboard safely circumvents DDR5 memory PMIC restrictions, allowing users to sidestep the default 1.1-volt limit and push frequency and timings to the max.
- Ordinarily, a restricted PMIC that has been unlocked requires the system to be fully power-cycled each time memory voltage is adjusted. ROG motherboards leverage special onboard hardware and firmware to cleverly work around this irksome limitation, enabling voltage adjustments to be applied through the same soft system-reset process employed for previous generations of DDR memory.
New to memory overclocking? ASUS Enhanced Memory Profile (AEMP) is an exclusive firmware feature for PMIC-restricted memory modules. AEMP automatically detects the memory chips on a kit and then presents optimized frequency, timing and voltage profiles that can be effortlessly applied to unleash performance.
WiFi 6E (802.11 ax)
Onboard WiFi 6E technology takes advantage of the newly available radio spectrum in the 6 GHz band. It provides up to three times the bandwidth of the 5 GHz band and up to seven 160 MHz bands to deliver ultrafast wireless networking speeds and improved capacity as well as better performance in dense wireless environments.
*WiFi 6E availability and features are dependent on regulatory limitations and co-existence with 5 GHz WiFi.
WiFi 6E antenna
The antenna has two built-in transmitters and receivers to enable faster transmission speeds, and it supports the 2.4, 5 and 6 GHz bands.
Four-way positioning enables better signal reception.
A powerful magnetic base secures the antenna on the top or side of the PC case.
Intel 2.5Gb Ethernet
Onboard 2.5 Gb Ethernet gives your wired connection a boost, delivering up to 2.5X the speed of standard Ethernet connections for faster file transfers, low-lag gaming and high-resolution video streaming.
ROG SupremeFX is a unique blend of hardware and software that provides superior audio. In ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi, SupremeFX features the ALC4080 codec to increase playback resolution from 192 kHz to 384 kHz across all channels. The front-panel output is streamed through a highly integrated Savitech amplifier that’s capable of driving of a wide variety of gaming headsets and high-fidelity headphones.
- Audio chip shield - A specially crafted metal cover protects against ambient electromagnetic interference, preserving the integrity of audio signals to ensure the best sound quality.
- Audio path isolation - Specially designed circuit separation filters out electromagnetic interference from the motherboard and anything directly attached to it.
- Savitech SV3H712 amplifier - The integrated Savitech amplifier greatly improves THD+N performance from 72 to 83 dB, cleaning up distortion and noise for a clean, pristine sound.
- Premium Audio Capacitors - High-quality components produce a warmer, more natural sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity.
Play Your Own Style
Pair ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi with other products from the diverse ROG ecosystem to create a fully customized gaming setup that reflects your personal style.
Undeniably ROG Strix
A specially illuminated acrylic display on the I/O cover gives the illusion that the circuit board is visible beneath an RGB ROG logo. Meanwhile, a pattern of grids and slashes, touches of mirror finish, and a leather ROG logo deliver a variety of carefully crafted surface textures. Last but not least, a special lighting pattern built into the M.2 Combo-Sink finishes off a colorful tour of the ROG worldview.
OUTSHINE THE COMPETITION
ROG Strix motherboards deliver sterling performance and superior aesthetics to outshine the competition. They also feature built-in ASUS Aura technology that enables full RGB lighting control and a variety of presets for embedded RGB LEDs and third-party lighting strips that can connect to onboard RGB headers. In addition, all lighting can be easily synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware.
PCIe slot Q-Release
A physical button unlocks the first PCIe slot’s security latch with one tap, greatly simplifying the process of detaching a PCIe card from the motherboard when it’s time to upgrade to a new GPU or other compatible device.
The innovative Q-Latch makes it easy to install or remove an M.2 SSD without the need for specific tools. The design employs a simple locking mechanism to secure the drive and neatly eliminate traditional screws.
Clr CMOS button
A quick press of the Clr CMOS button helps reset BIOS settings. It can also be used to reboot the PC if incorrect BIOS settings have been selected.
BIOS FlashBack™ is the simplest and safest way to update BIOS. Simply drop the (UEFI) BIOS file onto a FAT32-formatted USB stick, and plug it into the USB BIOS FlashBack port and press the button. Updates can even be performed without having memory or a CPU installed.
Diagnostic codes provide a reference for fast and easy lookup of common installation and component issues.
ROG Strix motherboards undergo an extensive certification program to ensure compatibility with the widest range of components and devices. Our Qualified Vendor List (QVL) provides a reference for identifying guaranteed-compatible components and memory.
ASUS AIO coolers are also compatible with a wide variety of CPUs, up to and including 12th Gen Intel processors, giving you ultimate flexibility to cool the CPU that fits your needs.
The ROG Strix Ecosystem Awaits
Level up your game with ROG Strix. Enjoy complementary aesthetics, control and compatibility across AIO coolers, cases, peripherals, and much more. ROG offers more choices than any other brand.
ROG Gives You More
ROG-exclusive software utilities deliver intuitive audio tuning and gaming enhancements so you can configure your gaming build the way you want. To further aid system setup and performance tuning, the highly acclaimed AIDA64 and MemTest86 utilities have also been added to the mix.
The renowned ROG UEFI (BIOS) provides everything you need to configure, tweak, and tune your rig. It offers intelligently simplified options for newcomers to PC DIY, as well as more comprehensive features for seasoned veterans.
For added convenience, MemTest86 has been pre-installed into ROG UEFI (BIOS) Run the test to pinpoint memory issues with just one click, without the need for any USB stick or going into the OS. The memory report will also be stored in the BIOS archives for reference.
When you're ready for a deeper dive into the configuration of your system, delve into the UEFI's Advanced mode and take complete control. Each section is intuitively organized, and a built-in search feature makes it easy to find the options you need. Advanced functions are coded with the intelligence to adapt to your settings, and when you're ready to take charge, parameters have the granularity to dial in performance just the way you want.
Designed to simplify setup, EZ mode presents vital settings and stats on a single page. With guided wizards, drag-and-drop functionality, and one-click application of important settings, your rig will be up and running in no time.
Quickly find tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
EZ Flash 3
Flash the latest BIOS from within the BIOS.
Check your storage device Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology logs to gauge reliability and identify potential failures.
Restore your SSDs and NVMe storage to factory settings.
Last Modified Log
Track the last change and save preferred profiles to a USB drive.
SATA Port Renaming
Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
Port configuration settings between different BIOS versions or share them with friends.
Configure the fan's operating speed manually or use pre-configured fan profiles to quickly select Standard, Silent, Turbo or Full Speed modes. By default, system fans will automatically switch to full speed if the temperature reaches 75°C.
The renowned ROG UEFI (BIOS) provides everything you need to configure, tweak, and tune your rig. It offers intelligently simplified options for newcomers to PC DIY, as well as more comprehensive features for seasoned veterans.
- TPU INSIGHT - The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) provides AI Suite 3 with the intelligence needed to automatically fine-tune voltages, monitor system stats, and adjust overclocking settings.
- EPU Guidance - With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU), you’ll enjoy system-wide power savings. The EPU automatically optimizes power consumption and maximizes savings with Away mode.
- Fan Xpert 4 - Fan Expert 4 provides comprehensive control over fans, water pumps and all-in-one (AIO) coolers. Control is also possible via the award-winning ROG UEFI. Whether you're cooling with air or water, Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There's also an Extreme Quiet mode, which reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum to keep your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks.
- Digi+ Power Controls - The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) delivers real-time control over voltage droop, allowing you to switch frequency and power-efficiency settings so you can fine-tune CPU voltage regulation for ultimate stability and performance.
- Turbo App - Define CPU overclocking, apply fan profiles, prioritize network data, optimize audio settings at app level, and more ? all with this intuitive tool.
ROG Sonic Studio supports HRTF-based (head-related transfer function*) virtual surround for VR headsets, casting an immersive aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action. The intuitive Sonic Studio interface also offers a range of EQ options and one-click presets, allowing you to tailor acoustics to suit personal preferences or the characteristics of your headset.
*A head-related transfer function is an audio algorithm derived from sound data recorded through a dummy head. Test tones are played from a spherical grid around the dummy head to obtain subtle changes in sounds that come from different directions. The results are combined into an algorithm that allows Sonic Studio's virtual surround to process audio that's true to life.
- Sonic Studio Link - The new Sonic Studio Link allows you to apply effects on all playback devices. Simply press the Sonic Studio Link button to enjoy the effect on any connected device.
- App-Specific Profiles - Apply customized audio settings to various applications, so that each is perfectly tuned to the way you want to listen.
- Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer - Combine audio output from selected apps with audio from the microphone input and stream the compiled mix.
ROG Strix Z690 motherboards are pre-loaded with the DTS® Sound Unbound™ app that envelops you in audio as never before, conjuring whole new levels of immersion for extraordinary gaming and entertainment experiences. By leveraging Windows Sonic spatial technology, DTS Sound Unbound delivers audio in a virtual 3D space — putting you right in the middle of the soundscape, where you can sense the location and direction of every gunshot, footstep or other sound in your virtual environment.* DTS Sound Unbound requires in-game support. Check with game developers for supported titles.?
- Stereo Sound - Discrete left and right audio channels enable headphone or two-speaker setup.
- Surround Sound - Audio is split and served over multiple speaker channels – e.g., 5.1 or 7.1 – to create an enveloping experience on a single, logical plane.?
- Spatial Sound - A virtual audio ‘sphere’ effect creates astonishing 360° immersion – with you at the center, where sounds seem to travel in all directions.
ROG Strix Z690 motherboards include an AIDA64 Extreme 60 days free trial. This industry-leading tool provides detailed information about installed hardware and software as well as benchmarks for measuring performance of the entire system or individual components. AIDA64 Extreme also includes a monitoring and diagnostics feature to detect and prevent hardware issues. All vital system sensors can be tracked in real time, allowing voltage readings, fan speeds, and temperature information to be displayed on the desktop or sent to dedicated displays or to the OLED panels of ROG AIO liquid coolers*.
*Support available for ROG Ryujin II and seleted models
Armoury Crate is a software utility designed to give you centralized control of supported gaming products, making it easy to tune the look and feel of your system. From a single intuitive interface, Armoury Crate helps you customize RGB lighting and effects for compatible devices and synchronize them with Aura Sync to create a unified lighting scheme across your system. In addition, Armoury Crate’s Fan Xpert4 tool provides comprehensive control over fans, water pumps and all-in-one (AIO) coolers.
You can also use Armoury Crate to download drivers, software and user manuals, register products, and tap into a special news feed that connects you to the global ASUS gaming community.
*Windows 10 required for full Aura Sync functionality within Armoury Crate. For Windows 8 and earlier versions, standalone Aura Sync software is available for free download from the product support site.