As the industry evolves to develop purpose-built solutions for growing data storage requirements, IT managers continue to rely on lower capacity drives that are economical to acquire, yet deliver quick and reliable data access for traditional data centre applications. Ultrastar DC HC310* is a low-capacity HDD, with 6TB and 4TB offerings, that helps address economic and access requirements of many traditional IT workloads. Low capacity drives also help address architecture limitations. Part of our mid-capacity DC HC300 series, the Ultrastar DC HC310 is designed for traditional storage and server applications as well as distributed and scalable computing, including block and file storage architectures, providing fast 7,200 RPM performance and lower acquisition cost to help ease budget constraints. Ultrastar DC HC310 is offered with either 6Gb/s SATA or 12Gb/s SAS interface in a choice of 512e or 4Kn formats. A 512n option is also available on 4TB models to support legacy systems with native 512-byte block sizes.
- Excellent random and sequential performance
- 6TB and 4TB capacity points support traditional IT systems
- Sustained transfer rate up to 255MB/s (512e/4Kn models); 233MB/s (512n models)
- Choice of 12Gb/s SAS or 6Gb/s SATA
- Advanced Format 4Kn and 512e models up to 6TB; 512n formatting available on 4TB to support legacy systems
- Self-Encrypting Drive (TCG SAS) options
- 5-year limited warranty